Following is one of the Biographies and Stories which where gathered by Charles Sumner McKamy in the 1950s for publication in a Crawford County History Book. Unfortunately he passed away before the book was published.

William Caswell Jones, the only son of Mary Barlow Jones and Caswell Jones, was born in Hutsonville, Illinois July 15, 1948. His father died when William was five years old. Later his mother married Ethelbert Callahan and the family moved to Robinson. About this time, the parents of twenty-five children had a brick school building built on Howard Street back of the present Heath Apartment and hired a professor from Ohio Wesleyan University. All who finished in this school entered the Junior year in College by the age of sixteen. Mr. Jones attended this school, Ohio Wesleyan University and later attended the law school at Ann Arbor, Michigan.

He married Mary Hale Steel, daughter of James Henry Steel and Mary Jane Otey, (see Steel family) in 1869. They had five children, Caswell Steel Jones, James Henry Jones, Emily Henrietta Jones, William Caswell Jones, Jr., and Dorothy Mary Jones Crebs. James and Emily were twins who died in infancy.

Judge Jones was active in politics and civic affairs. He was elected to the 27th General Assembly of Illinois in 1870. In 1877 he was elected County Judge of Crawford County, Illinois and in 1879 was elected Circuit Judge and served two terms.

Judge Jones read law in the office of Callahan & Steel and was admitted to the bar in 1868. At this time he formed a partnership with his step-father Ethelbert Callahan. After retiring from the Circuit Bench, he formed a partnership with Enoch E. Newlin which continued until Judge Newlin's election as Circuit Judge. Later Judge J.C. Eagleton and T.J. Newlin were partners in this firm, and Charles S. McKamy was a stenographer in this office.

Judge Jones then served one term on the Illinois Court of Claims at Springfield with Charles S. McKamy as his court Reporter. After this term Judge Jones formed a partnership with George D. McCarty and William W. Arnold. Judge Jones, in partnership with Alfred Hanby Jones, erected many of the brick buildings around the Public Square.

Judge Jones was the author of three books: The Elements and Science of English Versification, Birch Rod Days and Other Poems, and Practice in the County Courts of Illinois. Judge Cunningham of Urbana was co-author of the last book which was published in several editions.

Judge Jones was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Robinson and belonged to the Gorin Cammandery, Knights Templar at Olney. He died in 1915.